Thursday, October 26, 2017
Serving: 11 am – 2:30 pm & 4:00 pm until all are served.
Bake sale: 9:00 am until sold out
Adults $16, Children (under 10) $6
No advanced ticket sales.
Menu: Lutefisk, lefse, meatballs in gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry relish, rutabagas, cabbage slaw, Norwegian baked goods
2017 Lutefisk Committee
- Renee Solberg, Dinner Chairperson
- Marge Albright and Shelley Gustafson, Lefse Co-Chairs
- Jeannine Allen, Lefse Committee
- Janet Solberg, Lefse and Dinner Committees
- Gloria Gilbertson, Communications and Advertising
2017 Lutefisk Dinner Poster
2017 Lutefisk News
2017 Lutefisk Dinner Meals Served: 1,867
As we opened our front doors at 9:00 am on October 26, 2017, we knew it was going to be a great day for our 56th annual lutefisk dinner! From the beautifully decorated narthex and sanctuary to the welcoming smiles of our greeters, the guests were eager to participate in a delectable dining experience!
Behind the scenes, workers had arrived before 6 am to cut and bag 1,700 pounds of fish. Others were just as busy preparing gravy, setting up the parking lot, arranging bake sale items and enjoying the 'spirit' of working on lutefisk day. It's always fun to reconnect with former members who travel to Kasson to provide an extra pair of hands and to also see so many Kasson community members share in our dinner.
Our congregational endeavor allows us to disburse $20,000 from the profits as mission support to our ELCA synod. In addition, the bake sale table proceeds of $7,950 will be used to fund various projects at St. John's over the next several months. Thank you, the members of St. John's, for your generous donations of money, time and talents which allow us to keep the ticket price at $16. We also want to thank those of you who helped with lefse baking week after week beginning in late August. Not many congregations in the area make their own lefse.
Mange takk (many thanks)!
A heartfelt thank you to the people of St. John's for your tireless efforts in hosting a very successful 56th annual lutefisk dinner!
Total Meals Served in 2017: 1,867
If you wish to call ahead and have a takeout meal delivered curbside to you in the parking lot, please call (507) 634-7110 beginning Monday, October 23. Inform the parking lot attendant if you have called ahead and are picking up a takeout meal; they will direct you to the takeout parking area.
If you are working in a public area on Thursday, please wear white shirts and black pants; vest/aprons and name tags will be available in the church library for your use. Do not bring purses or valuables in to the church on Thursday; we cannot be responsible for lost items. Workers may purchase a meal for $6 in the take-out room and then eat in Sunday School Rooms 8 and 9 before or after their shift. Please be considerate of where you park and leave those parking spots closest to the entrance open for our guests.
Tuesday, October 24:
- 7:30 am - cut and peel rutabagas in church kitchen (bring your own knife if you have a favorite)
Wednesday, October 25:
- 7 am - cook rutabagas in church kitchen
- 8 am - meatball prep in church kitchen
- 9 am to 8 pm - bring in the food donations requested in the congregational letters mailed to your home and additional items for the bake sale table
- 12 noon - potluck for workers (bring a dish to share)
Thursday, October 26:
- 6:30 am - bag lutefisk (wear old clothes)
- 8 am to 10 pm - workers are still needed in many areas; contact Renee Solberg if you can help - firstname.lastname@example.org