Thursday, October 26, 2017
Serving: 11 am – 2:30 pm & 4:00 pm until all are served.
Bake sale: 9:00 am until sold out
Adults $16, Children (under 10) $6
No advanced ticket sales.
Menu: Lutefisk, lefse, meatballs in gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry relish, rutabagas, cabbage slaw, Norwegian baked goods
2017 Lutefisk Committee
- Renee Solberg, Dinner Chairperson
- Marge Albright and Shelley Gustafson, Lefse Co-Chairs
- Jeannine Allen, Lefse Committee
- Janet Solberg, Lefse and Dinner Committees
- Gloria Gilbertson, Communications and Advertising
2017 Lutefisk Dinner Poster
2017 Lutefisk News
A heartfelt thank you to the people of St. John's for your tireless efforts in hosting a very successful 56th annual lutefisk dinner!
Total Meals Served in 2017: 1,867
If you wish to call ahead and have a takeout meal delivered curbside to you in the parking lot, please call (507) 634-7110 beginning Monday, October 23. Inform the parking lot attendant if you have called ahead and are picking up a takeout meal; they will direct you to the takeout parking area.
If you are working in a public area on Thursday, please wear white shirts and black pants; vest/aprons and name tags will be available in the church library for your use. Do not bring purses or valuables in to the church on Thursday; we cannot be responsible for lost items. Workers may purchase a meal for $6 in the take-out room and then eat in Sunday School Rooms 8 and 9 before or after their shift. Please be considerate of where you park and leave those parking spots closest to the entrance open for our guests.
Tuesday, October 24:
- 7:30 am - cut and peel rutabagas in church kitchen (bring your own knife if you have a favorite)
Wednesday, October 25:
- 7 am - cook rutabagas in church kitchen
- 8 am - meatball prep in church kitchen
- 9 am to 8 pm - bring in the food donations requested in the congregational letters mailed to your home and additional items for the bake sale table
- 12 noon - potluck for workers (bring a dish to share)
Thursday, October 26:
- 6:30 am - bag lutefisk (wear old clothes)
- 8 am to 10 pm - workers are still needed in many areas; contact Renee Solberg if you can help - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specifically label your Lutefisk Dinner Bake Sale items (i.e. nuts, flavorings, etc.). Please consider donating to our bake sale. All proceeds from the bake sale table are used throughout the year to fund a variety of our congregation's projects.