Guess what time it is? IT IS SHOE BOX TIME! That’s right, Operation Christmas Child!
There are going to be a lot of exciting opportunities this year. We have started collecting supplies and empty shoe boxes in a bin in the Narthex marked Operation Christmas Child. (See below for a list of items to donate.)
Packing parties will start Wednesday, September 27 around 7 pm (after worship). They are scheduled every Wednesday and Sunday until November 11, with a few days off. If you or your group would be interested in doing a packing party, please Tanya Young know. We are open to doing them other days as well.
The 2nd annual parade will be held October 8 at 3:30 pm. We will collect supplies in the streets of Kasson with fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, and St. John’s Blue Bus. Additional features will be in the parade, but you will have to wait to see what they are. Following the parade, we will meet back at the church for refreshments. Please consider walking or riding in the parade with us.
Thank you so much for your continued support of this project!
For more information, contact Tanya Young at (316) 390-5368 email@example.com.
Items to donate:
- TOYS: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries)
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, colored pencils, erasers, rulers, scissors with rounded edges, water color paints, coloring and picture books, glue sticks
- NON-LIQUID HYGIENE ITEMS: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, small package of Kleenex
- ACCESSORIES: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)
- A PERSONAL NOTE: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.