If you’re ready to think about summer, then it’s time to think about Vacation Bible School! Any child ages 3-years-old through 4th grade is invited to join us for St. John’s FREE Superhero VBS. We’re also looking for donations of simple household items for arts and crafts, people (5th grade through adult) to help at VBS, and people to help us decorate.
St. John’s Lutheran, Kasson MN
June 18-22 | 8:30 – 11:30 am
Ages 3 through 4th grade
(2017-2018 school year)
We are offering early drop-off (7:00-8:15 am), late pick-up (11:45 am-12:30 pm, and transportation to Just Like Home or Project Kids in Kasson. For questions, contact Deacon Amanda at email@example.com or (507)634-7110 ext. 14.
Register your child here. Please register by May 18 to be guaranteed a t-shirt.
We are collecting plastic milk caps, empty paper towel rolls, washi tape, and cardboard cereal boxes for arts and crafts. Bring your donations to St. John’s.
Get involved with Vacation Bible School!
We need a lot of people to make VBS a success! Here are just a couple ways to get involved. You can sign-up to volunteer on the bulletin board or by talking with Deacon Amanda.
- Station Leaders (11th grade – Adult)
- You have the important job of teaching the Bible point to each group of children as they rotate thru the stations. Each station shares the lesson in a different, unique way: experiencing a Bible story, doing a craft, playing games, eating a snack, or hearing about real kids who live out the Bible point in real life. The joy of this position is that you get to share God with the kids in your own specialized way each day.
- Crew Leaders (7th grade – Adult)
- If you love kids, you can do this job! This is the perfect opportunity to really get to know the kids. You will have about 5 students the stations during the course of the morning where you’ll learn important Bible points and have a lot of fun! And you won’t be alone, you’ll travel to your stations with 1-2 other crews.
- Assistant Leaders (5 – 6th grade)
- You bring the excitement and energy to our VBS that helps the kids get excited about learning the Bible truth for that day. You’ll be placed in each crew to help the crew leaders guide their children from station to station. You’ll get to play with the kids and help them do the activities planned each day.
- Music Leaders (7th – Adult)
- You get to bring the noise! You get to help us celebrate the Bible point through music. Music is provided.
VBS Decorating Party
Saturday, June 9
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
To make our church a fun and inviting space for VBS, many hands and thoughtful ideas will be needed to decorate. We are looking for some workers (creativity is optional) to help put together home kits, decorate doors, rooms, hallways, a lobby, and a platform in some fun themes. Come for the entire time or any amount of time you can contribute. Help us plan for lunch by signing up on the bulletin board at St. John’s or talk to Angie Moore or Amanda Sabelko.
For questions, please contact Amanda at (507) 634-7110 or firstname.lastname@example.org