Yes!3 is an adult education course starting Wednesday, May 25, 2016.
Yes!3 Is Not Your Ordinary Christian Education Program
Yes!3 is an experiential study program designed to use the participants’ faith resources (however those resources are perceived and understood) in the pursuit of creating a life in which they can say Yes! to God, Yes! to their neighbor and Yes! to themselves, without significant reference to the content of that faith.
About the Yes!3 Program
- Vision without action is an empty dream.
- Action without vision is mindless chaos.
- Vision embodied in loving action is purposeful living.
Since we will spend the rest of our lives in the future
we need to ensure that the future we imagine and create
is the future we would prefer to live in.
Basic assumptions of Yes!3
“Before you tell your life what you intend to do with it,
listen for what it intends to do with you.”
- We are made for a purpose .
- We have been fully equipped with gifts and talents to fulfill that purpose.
- We most closely manifest our purpose when we are at our best, being and doing those things that flow from the core of our being and bring deep satisfaction.
- Life and the abundant life that Jesus promised comes from what we deeply and profoundly say yes to, for it is in what we say Yes! to that we manifest our God given purpose.
- Rather than egotistically creating your own life, Yes!3 uses appreciative inquiry and conversation to help you awaken to the life-giving purpose that is already within you. This is based on the following assumption: “The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s hunger meet.” – Frederick Buechner
From the Authors
At its heart Yes!3 simply assumes and uses the belief that we are created by a loving God for a loving purpose. It is our hope and prayer that participants will discover that purpose and lovingly manifest it in the world in a way which is a blessing to others and themselves and evokes wonder and awe of the
One who created it all. In the course you will gain a core understanding of living a life of passion.
Five Wednesdays, 7-8:30 pm, May 25 – June 22
and One Saturday, June 11, 9 am – 3 pm.
Register by signing up at St. John’s Welcome Center or office, calling (507) 634-7110, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.