October 3-October 21: St. John’s will be hosting a children’s book fair and adult wellness book fair from Augsburg Fortress/Sparkhouse. Contact Lindsay (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or stop by the displays in the Narthex.
The Education Commission is in the process of updating the St. John’s Library and needs your help!
- Buy books. They are hosting a book sale of books cleaned out of the library to raise funds for new resources. Books are available for a freewill donation – take what you want, give what you can. Cash or check are accepted. Find them in the Fellowship Hall. Funds will be used to update the library space. (The book sale has now ended, but we’re still welcoming help on our refresh!)
- Donate. They have a wish list available of new resources they wish to make available. Items can be donated directly OR donate funds to help purchase.
- Volunteer. If you are passionate about books and interested in helping, your contribution would be welcomed.
Questions? Want to donate? Want to volunteer? Contact Amanda Sabelko (email@example.com or (507) 634-7110).
The future library materials will all contain religious content. The Kasson Community has numerous resources available for non-religious content.
- Augsburg Fortress – Primary Source for ELCA Publications
- Christian Book.com – Secondary Source for Publications
Children’s and Young Adults
- Berenstain Bears – Religious Series
- Veggie Tales
- Adventures in Odyssey
- Comics/Graphic Novels
- Bible Studies
- Personal Growth
- Bible Studies
- The committee also wishes to replace the tables, chairs, paint and decorations