Doing Day 2020 has been postponed, but stay tuned for a new date! Donations are still welcomed.
WELCA Doing Day will be
Wednesday, March 18 starting between 8:00-9:00 am. This is a day of spirit-filled mission work. We will be packing mission kits that benefit many around the world as well as here in the United States. Along with the mission kits and quilting, there will be morning coffee and devotions, a potluck lunch, and lots of fellowship.
Needed for the kits:
- child-size blunt tip scissors
- 24 count crayons
- pencil sharpeners
- 12” rulers that include both centimeters and inches
- 70-sheet notebooks (wide or college rule)
- sturdy combs
- pick style combs
- jars or tubes of petroleum jelly (4 oz or larger)
- heavy duty kitchen gloves (size medium)
- nail clippers
- light weight bath towels
- hand towels
- wash cloths (preferably dark colors)
- large bars of soap (Ivory or unscented)
Also needed are infant items (sizes 3-18 mo) including T-shirts, sleepers without feet, cotton knit sleep sacks, cloth diapers, and infant socks. Fabric of 100% cotton, 3-yard lengths, is needed for sewing kits.
The WELCA quilters always need new/gently used flat bed sheets (fitted sheets must be full size or larger). Flannel sheets and pillowcases are used for quilt backs or to make infant diapers.
Everyone is welcome to join us. If you have any questions, please call Gail Jensen, 507-633-2467 or 507-951-3367.