At St. John’s we believe that faith formation is ongoing and for all ages.
Learning continues, even as some of our logistics continue to evolve! Read below for our ongoing studies and links for registration for fall 2020.
- Preschool Connections – Mondays 11:00 am
Stories, songs, and time with one of our program staff for preschool-aged children live on Facebook.
- Well Worth It study – Thursdays 8:00 pm through September 24.
Members of St. John’s, Minneola Lutheran Church, and Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (Rochester) are all coming together in conversation about the life and works of renowned Christen author Rachel Held Evans. Participate at https://bit.ly/WellWorthItStudy Thursdays at 8:00 pm. If you have any questions, contact Deacon Amanda at email@example.com or (701) 770-0360. More info here.
- Women of Faith – Thursdays 9:30 am
Access at https://bit.ly/SJKWOF or email Lindsay for phone access info.
- Bible and Brew – An informal conversation about faith and life. Thursdays, 7:00 pm starts Sep. 17. http://bit.ly/sjkbiblebrew or call 312-626-6799 with Meeting ID: 870 3762 1094 & Password: 259144
- The Marks of Discipleship study – Tuesdays at 11:00 am or Thursdays at 6:00 pm beginning September 15/17
Beginning Sunday, September 13 our Sunday sermons will delve into the themes of Michael Foss’ book Real Faith for Real Life: Living the Six Marks of Discipleship and how they are lived in a community of faith. Join these weekly Zoom conversations to dive deeper. Join the Tuesday discussion at https://bit.ly/SJKDiscipleshipTu or the Thursday discussion at https://bit.ly/SJKDiscipleshipTh. If you need phone access info, email Pastor Dave.
Fall Education Programming:
- Sunday School or Oasis Education (Wednesday evenings) – 3-year-old through 4th grade students learn about God and grow in their faith. Fall 2020 info now available! Click the links for details.
- Club 56 – (Sunday morning or Wednesday evenings) – 5th and 6th graders learn about God and grown in their faith. Fall 2020 info now available! Click the link for details.
- Oasis Afterschool – faith-based programming after school for kindergarten through 6th grade. Oasis Afterschool is currently on hold through 2020. Watch for info as we continue to evaluate and determine if it will resume again in 2021.
- Confirmation – 7th & 8th grade programming, confirmation celebration is held for 9th graders. Fall 2020 info now available! Click the link for details.
- Youth – High School youth also gather for service, conversation, and more opportunities throughout the year. Watch this page for what’s coming next.
- Adult Education – Find all the latest learning & conversation opportunities for adults.
If cost is keeping you from participating in any of St. John’s educational opportunities, download the Education Scholarship Form.