As of November 23, 2021, children, youth, and family programming is moving to home-based. Watch for direct communication from Deacon Amanda and Lindsay for details.
At St. John’s we believe that faith formation is ongoing and for all ages.
- Preschool Connections – Mondays 11:00 am
Stories, songs, and time with one of our program staff for preschool-aged children live on Facebook.
- Women of Faith – Thursdays 9:30 am
Hybrid meeting – in the Meeting Room at St. John’s or via Zoom at https://bit.ly/SJKWOF or call 312-626-6799 with Meeting ID: 832 6152 2256 & Password: 494990.
Children & Youth Education Programs:
Mask Update: Children’s & Youth Ministry programming including Sunday and Wednesday School, St. John’s Afterschool, Confirmation, and Youth Group require masking for students, volunteers, and staff inside the building.
2021-2022 Children’s Ministry calendar (PDF) is available here. Updated December 2021.
- Sunday School or Wednesday School – 3-year-old through 4th grade students learn about God and grow in their faith.
- Club 56 – (Sunday morning or Wednesday evenings) – 5th and 6th graders learn about God and grown in their faith.
- Creation Kids Preschool – this Christian-based preschool program for children in our congregation and community is a ministry of St. John’s.
- St. John’s Afterschool – faith-based programming after school for kindergarten through 6th grade.
- Confirmation – 7th & 8th grade programming, confirmation celebration is held for 9th graders.
- Youth – High School youth also gather for service, conversation, and more opportunities throughout the year. Watch this page for what’s coming next.
- Adult Education – Find all the latest learning & conversation opportunities for adults.
If cost is keeping you from participating in any of St. John’s educational opportunities, download the Education Scholarship Form.