Beginning Sunday, September 13 we will delve into the themes of Michael Foss’ book Real Faith for Real Life: Living the Six Marks of Discipleship and how they are lived in a community of faith. We’ll also have two extra chances to engage with this discussion in Zoom studies on Tuesdays at 11:00 am and Thursdays at 6:00 pm beginning September 15 and 17.
Buy the book
Everyone is encouraged to buy a copy of the book to get the most out of this discussion. Purchase through Amazon (remember Amazon Smile gives a portion back to St. John’s!) or Augsburg Fortress.
- Week 1: Introduction
- Week 2: Practicing the Good in Daily Life: Daily Prayer
- Week 3: Our Habit of Weekly Renewal: Weekly Worship Attendance
- Week 4: Hearing God’s Voice: Daily Devotion
- Week 5: The Call to Christlike Living: Discipleship Through Service (Faith Active in love)
- Week 6: Our Call to Relationship with Spirit: Nurturing Relationships
- Week 7: Generosity: A Reflection of God’s Heart in Our Lives: Giving a Tithe and Beyond