Since the video and printed info below was published, St. John’s finalized a full re-engagement plan. Download the PDF here.
The video format below goes a bit more in-depth, and the written form is just below the video.
In Romans 13:10, Paul reminds us that, “Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore, love is the fulfilling of the law.” We hear this. We know this. These words have been the basis for all our decisions about our ministries and our building these past few months. And they will continue to guide our decisions and our actions moving forward, as we turn our sights toward a re-engagement of our in-person ministry activities and worship.
Many hours of planning have gone into the creation of St. John’s re-engagement plan. There have been joys uplifted over what it might be like to be together in person. There has been fear expressed over the virus. There has been palpable anxiety present in the hundreds of varying expectations about how we utilize our building for worship and ministry. And, there has been so much prayer for God’s faithfulness to be present throughout all our conversations, as well as within this plan and its implementation. And I do believe that God’s faithfulness has been, is and will continue to be at work in our community of faith as we see the inspiration of the Holy Spirit breathing through our ministries.
So what can you expect?
Through June 20, we remain in the first step, which is where we have been – office is closed and no all meetings, worship, and other gatherings have been online-only.
Beginning June 21 we will enter the second step in this process:
- Office will be open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 9:00 am – 12:00 noon.
- In-person meetings must adhere to MDH and CDC guidelines – this means they are possible with precautions, but virtual meetings are still preferred.
- Pastoral care visits are by appointment and only via tech (phone/Zoom/Google, etc.). Hospital and nursing home visits adhere to MDH and CDC guidelines.
- Outside worship will begin (see below) with a continued focus on online worship.
- Most work will still be done from home; no more than one program/pastoral staff member will be in the office at the same time.
The leadership of St. John’s will continue to monitor the health conditions in our state and community as well as MDH and CDC guidelines for houses of worship, and adjust our ministries as conditions allow. With the best interest of our congregational family in mind and as conditions allow, we will aim to expand.
Take a moment to read these words from Paul. Pray over them and weave them into the tapestry of God’s faithfulness working in your life. May God continue to bless the life and ministries here at St. John’s Lutheran. Amen.
“As God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful.” (Colossians 3:12-15)
- Sunday, June 21, 2020
- Holden Evening Prayer – Tuesdays 7:00 pm on Facebook, YouTube, or website
- Wednesday Interactive Worship – Wednesdays 6:30 pm – https://bit.ly/SJKWedWorship or or contact us for other access info