This information was published prior to our initial return to on-property worship on June 21, but we are still able to gather! Sunday mornings at 9:00 am we will have Worship on the Lawn (in case of inclement weather we will change to Drive-In Worship). More worship schedule information available here.
See below the video for further written details.
What to expect when you come to St. John’s for in-person ministry and worship
Please assess your own health prior to coming to the property by asking yourself the following questions. If you answer yes to any of these questions, please strongly consider staying at home to keep yourself and others safe and healthy.
- Have you had close contact with a person with a laboratory confirmed case of COVID-19?
- In the past 72 hours, have you had any of the following?
- Fever of 100.0° F or greater, OR
- New cough OR new sore throat, OR
- New diarrhea OR new nausea or vomiting, OR
- New respiratory distress (shortness of breath or fast breathing), OR
- New chills OR new repeated shaking with chills, OR
- New muscle aches OR headache, OR
- New loss of smell or taste?
We will be checking temperatures for in-person ministry activities and worship (Exception for parking lot services. However, please self-screen for these services as well).
We are asking that everyone coming to St. John’s for worship or other ministry activities please wear a mask. If you have one from home, please bring it along. However, we will have masks on-hand if you need one.
We ask that you continue to observe MDH and CDC social distancing guidelines while on the property or in the building, and to practice proper handwashing and hygiene. When entering and exiting the building, please make sure to utilize the hand sanitizer provided close to the doors.
For worship on Sunday, June 21, 2020
If weather permits, we will have two outdoor worship services on Sunday, June 21, at 9:00 and 11:00 am. We will have an online-only option at 10:00 am for those who would prefer to worship that way. All three services will have communion. If you choose to come and join us in-person, we ask that you bring your own chairs and a Bible.
If the weather does not cooperate, worship will still take place in-person at St. John’s. We will instead move to a parking lot service, and encourage you to come in the main parking lot entrance, follow the direction of the parking attendants, and tune in to FM 87.9 to join us for worship. Please then remain in your vehicles for the entirety of the service. This is also an option available to those who would like to worship in-person, but may not feel safe to do so outside with the crowd.
For worship on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
There will be three options for worship: 9:00 am, 12:00 noon, and 6:30 pm. When you arrive on the property, come in the main parking lot entrance and follow the directions of the parking attendants. They will direct you to a parking place which will allow you to see the service from your vehicle. Then, tune in to FM 87.9 to join us for worship. Communion will be served individually to you in your vehicles. For your safety and the safety of the communion servers, please follow the direction of the worship leaders for receiving communion in your vehicle. Please remain in your vehicles for the entirety of the service.
Other worship information for the summer
- Upcoming Sundays:
- Worship on the Lawn (with drive-in service contingency for inclement weather) – 9:00 am
- Online Worship at https://bit.ly/SJKworship062120 – 10:00 am
- Holden Evening Prayer – Tuesdays 7:00 pm through July
stjohnskasson.org/sermons, Facebook, or YouTube
- Upcoming Wednesdays: Online worship – find links at stjohnskasson.org
- No evening worship on Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Communion will be part of the services on the first and third Sundays, both in-person and online
- We will continue to monitor the current health situation and adjust our worship and ministry activities accordingly. Thank you all so very much for your patience and understanding!