Check the calendar for event details.
As a community of women created in the image of God, called to the discipleship in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society and the world.
To mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus.
Justice – Community
- Justice is faith in action, it addresses inequities in political, economic and social systems;
- Justice is equity and impartiality, mercy and compassion;
- Justice includes serving God in ways that bring healing and wholeness to the church, the society and the world;
Women active in Women of the ELCA also work for justice by supporting partner organizations who lift up women and children such as the 1,000 Days of Movement, Lutheran World Relief, and the Women’s Funding Network.
- Discipleship is a lifelong journey of living out and spreading the good News of Jesus Christ
- Disciples are followers of Jesus who are intent on carrying out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and the Great Command (Acts 1:9).
Women of the ELCA participants are active disciples in many ways. They practice the seven marks of discipleship: praying, studying, worshiping, inviting, encouraging, serving, and giving. Whether it be making quilts and health and school kits for Lutheran World Relief or studying the Bible together or assisting in worship, they grow in faith and share what they’ve learned with friends and neighbors.
- Stewardship is careful and responsible management of the money, property, and resources that God has entrusted us.
- Stewardship is providing for the ministries that God has entrusted to our care.
Women of the ELCA encourages and equips women to consider their responsibility and capacity for stewardship. We create educational resources about giving and managing money, including devotions, Bible studies, and program materials for individuals and small groups.
We support the ministries of Women of the ELCA. Learn about regular Offerings, Thankofferings, Katie’s Fund, and offer Bible study to all women in our congregation and community